- CAAIF – Canadian Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Foundation
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- CIPO – Canadian Immunodeficiencies Patient Organization
- CORD – Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders
- HAECanada.org – A Canadian HAE Patient Group
- Medical Terms and Definitions
- MedicAlert Canada – MedicAlert membership can be helpful to HAE patients
- Network of Rare Blood Disorder Organizations
- Patient Notification System – The Patient Notification System is a confidential, 24-hour communication system that provides information on plasma-derived and recombinant product withdrawals and recalls
- WAO – World Allergy Organization. A global alliance of asthma, allergy and immunology societies
- HAE Bibliography – A selected bibliography of HAE articles (Jan 1, 2000 to Jun 1, 2009). Provided by HAEA.org
HAE Associations Around the World
Please contact us if your organization is concerned with issues affecting people with C1 inhibitor deficiency. We would like to add your organization or web site to our networking list.
- HAEi – a global organization dedicated to raising awareness of C1 inhibitor deficiencies around the world.
- Argentina – Angioedema Hereditario
- Denmark – HAE Danmark
- France – AMSAO : Association des malades souffrant d’angio-oedèmes par déficit en C1 inhibiteur
- Germany – HAE Vereinigung e.V.
- United Kingdom – HAE UK
- Hungary – HAENETWORK
- Italy – Associazione volontaria per la lotta, lo studio e la terapia dell’angioedema ereditario
- United States – Hereditary AngioEdema Association
- Diagnostic Algorithm Flowchart – 2010/05/27
- Diagnostic Algorithm Flowchart – 2011/06/02
- Diagnostic Labs in Canada (Modified 2007/03/31)
- Diagnostic Labs Contacts List (Modified 2007/03/31)
- Diagnostic Sample Handling (Modified 2007/03/31)
- Thesis: Hereditary Angioedema – By Erik Waage Nielsen, 1996. This thesis includes a comprehensive review of HAE literature and the findings of his research.
- Angioedema Basics – What type of angioedema do you have? This table outlines similarities and differences.
- The Complement System
Explanation of the complement system and test results.
- PBS documentary on HAE A half-hour television documentary on hereditary angioedema, originally aired 2009. There is a useful and interesting PBS documentary video on HAE. This video can be found online. The video presents a strong representation of the lived experience for HAE patients and their families. However, please keep in mind the medical information presented within the video originates from the American health system.